What is Qtum (QTUM)?
Qtum is a platform that was created for the sphere of business and unites the performance capabilities of BTC and EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine). This platform assists with the process of smart contracts making. It is a sustainable, powerful module tool. The idea of Qtum was to combine reliance of BTC and ETH functions to receive the best of these two cryptocurrencies.
The project is also interested in transferring into the market of mobile communications, manufacture, financial industry, social networks and other. At this point of time, the members of Qtum team has developed two decentralized apps. Those are Qloha messenger and Spring Email. Both these services use cryptocurrency solutions to optimize apps for messaging and email protocol called STMP. QTUM blockchain has its inner token called Qtum coin.
Where did Qtum come from?
The Qtum Foundation organization is registered in Singapore. It was launched in 2017. Its founder is Patrick Day who is a professional in the world of blockchain and cryptocurrency. He also worked in the Alibaba project. There is an information that previously Patrick was involved in BitBay project under the different name - Steven Day. This is a proven fact. Patrick Day is accused by the developer of BitBay, David Zimbeck, of stealing about 200 Bitcoins from this project. But the accusations were not proven.
It is known that the Qtum team consists of more than 17 developers. Most of them are from China and Europe. QTUM has many well-known people among its investors like Anthony Di Iorio, Xiaolai Li, Star Xu, and others.
What are the advantages of Qtum?
- Qtum wallet. It is available for Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac operating systems.
- To work with Qtum it is enough to use a mobile phone. You don’t really need to have an account.
- Use of PoS (Proof of Stake) ensures the full safety.
- Perspective Roadmap.
- Its services may be used not only by individuals but also by the corporate organizations.
- QTUM has over 4000 nodes all over the world.
What are the disadvantages of Qtum?
- Area-specific marketing. QTUM marketing is focused mostly on the Asia region.
- Ethereum Virtual Machine has yet to be fully developed. Considering that, some of EVM issues apply to the Qtum blockchain. One of the main issues is the security one and it’s often related to the programming language Solidity.
- Limited mining opportunities.
How to buy Qtum?
SimpleSwap makes it easy to exchange cryptocurrency. You don’t need to create an account. Just follow the steps below:
- Choose the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-down list. Enter the amount you would like to swap.
- Select Qtum in the second drop-down list. You will be shown the estimated value that you receive after the exchange.
- Enter the Recipient's Address. Qtum will be sent to this address. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Check all the information you have entered. If everything is correct click the Exchange button.
- You will see Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the exchange.
This is how simple you can buy Qtum with SimpleSwap.