What Is Ankr?
This blog post will cover:
- About Ankr (ANKR)
- Where did Ankr (ANKR) come from?
- What are the advantages of Ankr (ANKR)?
- What are the disadvantages of Ankr (ANKR)?
- How to buy Ankr (ANKR) on SimpleSwap?
About Ankr (ANKR)
Ankr is a blockchain project that seeks to create its own, decentralized environment for a new generation of businesses. Moreover, Ankr's developers aim to make one large network so that businesses can optimize their services in the cloud, and computer users can be rewarded for providing their spare computing power.The project currently has three different business areas:
- Staking Nodes are a one-click solution; users can run, manage and use their own staking nodes on the platform on the blockchain they like.
- Developer API with which you can easily create Web3 products with instant access to the main blockchain and DeFi protocols.
- Enterprise solutions that are ready-made infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrency exchanges, staking platforms, data analytics providers, and more.
The platform has its own ANKR token (ERC-20 standard) that can be used to pay for amenities such as node deployment and API services. And also this cryptocurrency makes it possible to participate in the management of the chain.
Where did Ankr (ANKR) come from?
The project was created in 2017. Between September 16 and 22, 2018, the ICO of the ANKR token happened. The project managed to collect $18,700,000.The project is developing its blockchain system in California, USA. However, most of Ankr's members are from South Korea. The team consists of a group of talented and motivated professionals. Among them there are:
- Chandler Song is co-founder and CEO. He is an experienced entrepreneur. Also, Chandler has experience working for multinational giants such as Amazon, Didi and SAP. He was one of the main players in the Berkeley AI Intern Research Laboratory.
- Stanley Wu is one of the most experienced members of the development team. He is co-founder and CEO of the Ankr project. Also Stanley is a Cloud Programmer and Technical Lead at Amazon.
- Ryan Fang is one of the founders who is currently serving as Chief Operating Officer. He is an experienced entrepreneur with an extensive background in companies such as Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley Bank.
What are the advantages of Ankr (ANKR)?
- Saving resource sharingThanks to this, private consumers get cheaper access to cloud resources, and companies (for example, platforms that provide services for cryptocurrency trading, etc.) get the opportunity to use additional computing power.
- Proof of Useful Work (PoUW) ConsensusPoUW provides a self-contained blockchain structure. Rather than wasting electricity and processing power on hashes as Bitcoin does, PoUW uses these resources to perform useful work tasks for businesses and consumers.
What are the disadvantages of Ankr (ANKR)?
- Cloud computing industryThe Ankr platform relies on cloud computing, but this industry is highly volatile and competitive.
- Lack of a roadmapAt the moment, the official website of the project does not have a roadmap with future plans for the project.
How to buy Ankr (ANKR) on SimpleSwap?
If you are interested in the ANKR cryptocurrency and would like to purchase it, you can use SimpleSwap by following the instructions below:
- For example, you want to swap BTC for ANKR. Select the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-downlist. Then enter the amount you want to swap.
- Select ANKR in the second drop-down list. You’ll see the estimated amount that you’ll get after the exchange.
- Click the Exchange button.
- Enter the Recipient's Address. ANKR will be sent. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Create the exchange.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the BTC to ANKR exchange.
SimpleSwap reminds you that this article is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide investment advice. All purchases and cryptocurrency investments are your own responsibility.