What is Ardor?
This blog post will cover:
- What is Ardor?
- Where did Ardor come from?
- What are the advantages of Ardor?
- What are the disadvantages of Ardor?
- How to buy Ardor on SimpleSwap?
What is Ardor?
Ardor is a multichain blockchain platform with a unique parent-child chain architecture. The security of the whole network is provided by the parent Ardor chain while the interoperable child chains have all the rich functionality. This elegant design and access to hybrid user permissioning capabilities are the key to the flexibility necessary for a variety of use cases and opens the door towards mainstream adoption of blockchain technology. Not only that - Ardor is created with scalability in mind and solves many existing industry problems such as blockchain bloat, single token dependency, and the need for easily customizable-yet-compatible blockchain solutions.
Where did Ardor come from?
Ardor is being developed by Jelurida Swiss SA, founded in 2016. The company started upgrading Nxt blockchain system and created Ardor to provide a platform for facilitated and accelerated transactions. The platform obtained a good reputation among users, analysts, investors, and experts. Ardor’s mission is to form a universal, user-friendly, and easy crypto platform facilitating different concepts implementation. Jelurida worked on creating ways to allow each third-party developer to make his own projects. Platform’s authors presented a smart contract technology that is completely different from Ethereum although some parallels are made between them.
What are the advantages of Ardor?
- All child chains have their own native tokens, used as a unit of value and for paying transaction fees, and a variety of ready to use features.
- Scalability is achieved by pruning off the unnecessary child chain data once they are included in the permissionless Ardor parent chain, preventing the "bloat" of the network.
- All child chains are connected and share the same source code, ensuring ecosystem interoperability that allows child chain token trading to one another in a fully decentralized way and transactions on one child chain to access data or entities on another.
What are the disadvantages of Ardor?
- There is a lack of integration of the platform with social networks.
- It takes a lot of time to download updates for the wallet.
How to buy Ardor on SimpleSwap?
Thank you for your attention to this cryptocurrency. If you want to buy ARDR, we recommend you read the instructions and follow these steps on our SimpleSwap platform:
- Choose the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-down list. Enter the amount you would like to swap.
- Select ARDR in the second drop-down list. You will see the estimated amount that you will receive after the exchange.
- Enter the Recipient’s Address. Ardor will be sent to this address. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Check all the information you have entered. If everything is correct click the Exchange button.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the exchange.
Now you know everything about Ardor. You are welcome to use the widget below to make an exchange.