What is Basic Attention Token?
This blog post will cover:
- What is Basic Attention Token?
- Where did Basic Attention Token come from?
- What are the advantages of Basic Attention Token?
- What are the disadvantages of Basic Attention Token?
- How to buy Basic Attention Token on SimpleSwap?
What is Basic Attention Token?
The Basic Attention Token (BAT) is an ERC-20 token created as an advertising token.
The main goal of BAT is to create a system that will connect users, advertisers, and publishers in a decentralized way.
The BAT ecosystem includes the open source Brave browser, which is designed to block trackers and malware. This browser is completely confidential. Using blockchain technology, the project team can anonymously and safely track user attention and reward publishers.
What is the BAT token made for? The main purpose is to be a unit of exchange without intermediaries. The token is also used as a reward for users, publishers and advertisers. Users receive tokens for their attention to advertising, publishers get part of the advertising revenue, and advertisers receive high profitability for their campaigns.
Thus, the BAT network seeks to make online advertising more transparent, and the distribution of advertising revenue - more equitable.
Where did Basic Attention Token come from?
Members of the BAT team are revolutionaries in the modern advertising industry. They improve current trends that are disadvantageous to users, advertisers, and publishers. Their ideas can give us a product we will widely use in the future.
The BAT project is known as one of the fastest ICOs: $35 million was raised in 30 seconds on May 31, 2017. There are 130 people who have purchased tokens, 5 of them bought half of the supply.
What are the advantages of Basic Attention Token?
- BAT is a cryptocurrency that could make a revolution in the advertisement area.
- BAT is one of very few cryptocurrencies with a legit use case and working product.
- BAT token has a clear purpose and value within the proposed ecosystem.
- BAT is created by a team with a proven track record in the IT field.
- The BAT team demonstrates transparency and reliability. They regularly conduct online interviews (Ask-me-anything streams) with key participants. The token holder can ask a question about the project and immediately get an honest answer.
What are the disadvantages of Basic Attention Token?
- Brave browser is a direct competitor to Chrome browser. This can be a very strong rivalry for a young project.
- One of the main problems is that the success of BAT depends on the popularity of the Brave browser. The token will not have value if the browser is not popular.
How to buy Basic Attention Token on SimpleSwap?
Let’s say you want to buy Basic Attention Token. What should you do? We suggest you go to the SimpleSwap homepage and follow the instructions below:
- Choose the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-down list. Enter the amount you would like to swap.
- Select BAT in the second drop-down list. You will see the estimated amount that you will receive after the exchange.
- Enter the Recipient’s Address. Basic Attention Token will be sent to this address. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Check all the information you have entered. If everything is correct click the Exchange button.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the exchange.
This is everything you need to know to buy BAT.