What Is Dash?
This blog post will cover:
- About Dash (DASH)
- Where did Dash (DASH) come from?
- What are the advantages of Dash (DASH)?
- What are the disadvantages of Dash (DASH)?
- How to buy Dash (DASH) on SimpleSwap?
About Dash (DASH)
Dash is a decentralized cryptocurrency based on blockchain technology. It is governed through a form of decentralized autonomous organization, in which decisions are made in blockchain by “masternodes”. All the transactions are being performed without third party. It is now one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world.
Where did Dash (DASH) come from?
The history of Dash started in 2014, when Evan Duffield and Daniel Diaz used Bitcoin technology to create their own currency. Back then it was named “Xcoin”. Then it was rebranded as Darkcoin, and then became Dash, which means ‘digital cash’. Dash appeared as a result of fork of the Bitcoin. That means that Dash is an improved version of Bitcoin. A lot of BTC's weaknesses are absent here. Dash was one of the first to decentralized the blockchain governance system.
What are the advantages of Dash (DASH)?
- It has voting systemThat means that changes can be implemented quickly with no need to form another currency.
- It is super fastYou can make a transaction within 4 seconds.
- The fee is lowThis may change with the growth of its popularity, but so far the fees are lower than for other cryptocurrencies.
- It is anonymousAlthough transaction are public, you don't share your name and address.
- Dash is a user focused systemIt is comfortable and simple.
- Dash is liquidYou can find it in a very large number of cryptocurrency exchanges. Also it is being accepted in some online stores.
What are the disadvantages of Dash (DASH)?
- The name “Dash” is widely used by other companiesSo sometimes it is hard to find information or associate it with cryptocurrency.
- There are other cryptocurrencies that are very similar to DashSo it is hard to say that Dash is a hundred percent unique.
- It still lacks a number of users
How to buy Dash (DASH) on SimpleSwap?
Let’s say you want to buy Dash. What should you do? We suggest you go to the SimpleSwap homepage and follow the instructions below:
- For example, you want to swap BTC for DASH. Select the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-downlist. Then enter the amount you want to swap.
- Select DASH in the second drop-down list. You’ll see the estimated amount that you’ll get after the exchange.
- Click the Exchange button.
- Enter the Recipient's Address. DASH will be sent. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Create the exchange.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the BTC to DASH exchange.
SimpleSwap reminds you that this article is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide investment advice. All purchases and cryptocurrency investments are your own responsibility.