What Is Marlin?
This blog post will cover:
- About Marlin (POND)
- Where did Marlin (POND) come from?
- What are the advantages of Marlin (POND)?
- What are the disadvantages of Pond Token (POND)?
- How to buy Marlin (POND) on SimpleSwap?
About Marlin (POND)
POND is an ERC-20 utility token of the decentralized open-source project Marlin, along with another token, MPOND. The token plays a very important role in the Marlin environment: the prospect of getting token rewards stimulates the users to act for the benefit of the network. POND holders can use the token to create their own proposals and support others to decide the resource allocation in the network, as well as stake tokens to run a validator node. Network users earn POND for relaying, for staking MPOND tokens towards the nodes. Staking your tokens towards a node you created serves as collateral or insurance: if you fulfill your role as a node runner, you will get your tokens back topped up with a reward, but if you fail, you will pay the price — the tokens you staked.
Where did Marlin (POND) come from?
The people behind Marlin are leaders Pratyaksh Sharma and Siddhartha Dutta and the advisor team including among others Ethan Fast, Hari Balakrishnan, Prabhakar Reddy.The Marlin protocol was created to solve one of the biggest issues blockchains face: communication speed. The longer the chain, the slower and more cumbersome the communication process between the nodes is. Marlin’s solution forecasts faster communication with an ability to transfer bigger data amounts. Being a layer-0 project, the protocol benefits from compatibility with all blockchains regardless of the type of consensus mechanism they use. What is even better, the Marlin protocol can speed up any platform that utilizes networking: decentralized exchanges and applications, social and game networks, video and audio streaming platforms, and many other applications. To ensure the security of the protocol, Marlin implemented two measures: creating a worldwide independent auditor network that will constantly probe the protocol and measure its performance, and a compensation fund for Marlin users who suffer losses due to the network’s performance not meeting its SLA.
What are the advantages of Marlin (POND)?
- A layer aboveThe genius of Marlin’s idea is in its adaptivity: it’s a layer-0 project, meaning it can be superimposed over any blockchain and therefore used by any project that wants to increase its network speed. A lot of blockchains can potentially integrate Marlin into their network.
- Formidable partnersCrypto fans and blockchain enthusiasts are excited about the value of this protocol and its future prospects: Marlin boasts a few impressive partnerships with such big names as Murmur, Holochain, Matic Network, and others.
What are the disadvantages of Pond Token (POND)?
- A small voice in a big crowdMarlin is a strong project with an innovative idea as a base and a dedicated team at its core. The only obstacle they have on the way to a wider recognition seems to be their reluctant social media presence. Marlin has accounts on multiple platforms including Discord, Facebook, Telegram, and Twitter, but users note that the team needs to be more present in the media space and promote the importance of its level-0 projects to attract a wider audience. After all, it is often not the wisest opinion that is heard but the loudest one.
How to buy Marlin (POND) on SimpleSwap?
Would you like to support Marlin or just add POND to your portfolio? Start by using the widget below or go to the SimpleSwap homepage and follow the instructions:
- For example, you want to swap BTC for POND. Select the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-downlist. Then enter the amount you want to swap.
- Select POND in the second drop-down list. You’ll see the estimated amount that you’ll get after the exchange.
- Click the Exchange button.
- Enter the Recipient's Address. POND will be sent. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Create the exchange.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the BTC to POND exchange.
SimpleSwap reminds you that this article is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide investment advice. All purchases and cryptocurrency investments are your own responsibility.