What is Polkadot?
This blog post will cover:
- What is Polkadot?
- Where did Polkadot come from?
- What are the advantages of Polkadot?
- What are the disadvantages of Polkadot?
- How to buy Polkadot on SimpleSwap?
What is Polkadot?
There are some projects that can hold the attention of the Crypto World. One of these projects is Polkadot. It is working on creating a protocol that can be used to combine various decentralized databases and third-party blockchains. The successful functioning of the project and its ecosystem will depend directly on its participants.
The Polkadot coin, indicated by the DOT ticker, is an asset of the Polkadot platform. It performs three main functions: management, bid placement, and linking.
It should be noted that the Web3 Foundation (a Swiss Foundation created to make a fully functional decentralized network) cooperates with the best organizations to generate Polkadot and contributes to the development of services and applications that will work on it. The Polkadot management model is embedded in the network and clearly defined. It is intended to include all stakeholders in the governing body. Users can participate in the system's decision-making by simply holding their DOT coins. Currently, there is a Polkadot Council and Technical Committee, so the project and its direction are entirely in the hands of DOT holders.
Where did Polkadot come from?
The Polkadot project was created in 2016. The idea belongs to Gavin Wood, who was the co-founder of Ethereum and the founder of Parity Technologies. Further, in October 2017, Polkadot conducted a successful ICO on the Ethereum blockchain. The ICO gathered $144,630,000. However, 2/3 of this money was frozen after the hack attack. The project continued to exist despite huge losses, remained afloat, and did not lose confidence continuing to develop.
What are the advantages of Polkadot?
The Polkadot network allows blockchains with different consensus models to interact with each other through special intermediaries.
- Unlimited scalability
Polkadot can support an infinite number of blockchains and allow them to connect.
Polkadot's proprietary security system provides the necessary layer of protection for the entire system, as well as for the blockchains, services, and applications involved in It.
- Rewards and penalties
All network participants, from collectors to ordinary users, can receive rewards for actions that contribute to the development of the network.
What are the disadvantages of Polkadot?
- Limited opportunities
It is necessary to keep DOT coins blocked during the operation of your blockchain.
Some technical aspects are still under development.
How to buy Polkadot on SimpleSwap?
Thank you for your interest in the DOT cryptocurrency. If you want to purchase Polkadot, you are welcome to visit the SimpleSwap homepage and follow the instructions below:
- Choose the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-down list. Enter the amount you would like to swap.
- Select Polkadot in the second drop-down list. You will see the estimated amount that you will receive after the exchange.
- Enter the Recipient's Address. DOT will be sent to this address. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Check all the information you have entered. If everything is correct click the Exchange button.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the exchange.
Thank you for your attention and congratulations on the deal!