What is Quant?
This blog post will cover:
- What is Quant?
- Where did Quant come from?
- What are the advantages of Quant?
- What are the disadvantages of Quant?
- How to buy Quant on SimpleSwap?
What is Quant?
Quant (QNT) is the token which is applicable for entering the Overledger Quant Network and data exchange with various blockchains. The token provides access to the platform for developers and users of various MApps. It is an ERC20 token based on the Ethereum blockchain. Quant Network offers an application that creates a blockchain platform for mutual interworking.
It shows that general-purpose applications are able to exist simultaneously on different registers, with the ability to communicate with each other. Therefore applications can communicate, transfer and exchange information and values, independent of the registration records where they are used.
Overledger enables users to create decentralized, multi-purpose applications which are not bounded to one blockchain. Users can launch applications, smart contracts, agreements, or move data using various blockchain technologies. Overledger is the platform where multi-purpose decentralized applications take place. Quant Network endows developers with tools for building inter-blockchain applications using the help of the Software Development Kit (SDK). Developers can release free applications. To access the platform the user should have a minimum number of QNT tokens.
Where did Quant come from?
Quant (QNT) is a cryptocurrency built on the Ethereum platform, launched in June 2018. The CEO of Quant Network has a wide experience in the cybersecurity area. Not all of team members used to deal with the blockchain before working on Quant but their previous work experience helps to improve the product now. They started work on Overledger Quant Network in 2015.
Team leaders of Quant (QNT):
Gilbert Verdian (CEO) is a technologist with business education and extensive experience in technology and security areas. With more than 20 years of practice in the cybersecurity industry, he has gained working experience in the following companies: the UK government on Downing Street, the UK Department of the Treasury, the Cabinet Office, the Ministry of Justice and the New South Wales Department of Health, and the private sector of CSC, EY, HSBC, BP, and Vocalink. Being very interested in advanced technologies, he is the author of the ISO/TC 307 project. He is also the chairman of the UK National Committee on Blockchain Technologies and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT / 1). He is actively working on technology advancement in the areas of AI, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, and Fintech.
Paolo Taska (co-founder/chief strategist) is a digital economist, a specialist in digital innovation, blockchain technology, and integrated systems. In addition, he is the Executive Director of UCL Center for Blockchain Technologies and has been the Dean of Research at Jiangsu Huaxin, a Chinese research institute. From the perspective of his background, he has a wide knowledge of Blockchains technology.
Colin Paterson (co-owner and technical manager) is the most experienced participant in the project, with 20 years of practice, a specialist in the field of security and IT-technologies. He started as a programmer, then became the creator of information security systems.
What are the advantages of Quant?
- An accelerated transaction process achieved through blockchain interactions.
- A convenient and uncomplicated interface, which is clear even to a beginner.
- The ability to create multi-purpose decentralized applications and smart contracts.
- Compatibility with all relevant devices.
What are the disadvantages of Quant?
- The team claims that it is a unique platform on which multi-purpose applications may be launched. However, there are several projects with the same goal as Quant.
How to buy Quant on SimpleSwap?
If you are interested in buying the Quant cryptocurrency, then go to the convenient SimpleSwap service and follow the instructions below:
- Choose the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-down list. Enter the amount you would like to swap.
- Select QNT in the second drop-down list. You will see the estimated amount that you will receive after the exchange.
- Enter the Recipient's Address. Quant will be sent to this address. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Check all the information you have entered. If everything is correct click the Exchange button.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the exchange.
As you see, buying QNT is easy on our service.