What is THETA?
This blog post will cover:
- What is THETA?
- Where did THETA come from?
- What are the advantages of THETA?
- What are the disadvantages of THETA?
- How to buy THETA on SimpleSwap?
What is THETA?
What is Theta (THETA)? Theta is a decentralized video delivery network with its own blockchain. It was created for video streaming. Theta network consists of 2 parts:
- The first one is a video delivery.
- The second part is a blockchain Theta. It stimulates users for the connection to the delivery network.
Normally, CDN (content delivery network) consists of huge decentralized data centers that are scattered around the world. So geographically they are not close enough to the users. It provokes a poor streaming quality. That is why Theta creates P2P network for users who share their extra bandwidth. As a result, this global network can replace or supplement the infrastructure of CDN. Customers provide their devices as a cache host (video storage) and send video streams to local viewers all around the world. The more cache points Theta has, the higher streaming quality is. That is why cache points are rewarded with Theta coins.
Where did THETA come from?
The team of Theta Network includes specialists with great experience of creating services for video content (about 30 years), blockchain developers and specialists in strategic and technological promotion. There are 14 persons at the helm. The general manager is Mitch Liu (he is a creator of Sliver.tv), cofounder is Jieyi Long (he made several patented technologies such as VR videos), Ryan Nichols (Chief Product Officer), Riz Virk (head of Corp Development).
At the beginning of 2019, the total capitalization of the asset was about 35,5 billion U.S. dollars.
Theta team attracts famous partners such as Samsung, Sony, and YouTube to promote a coin.
What are the advantages of THETA?
- Free market segment
There are about ten really popular streaming web-services only and Theta project has a strong opportunity to establish itself on the market.
- Passive earning
- Promising idea
- Ready customer base
What are the disadvantages of THETA?
- The idea is not original
- Lack of funding
How to buy THETA on SimpleSwap?
Let’s say you want to buy THETA. What should you do? We suggest you go to the SimpleSwap homepage and follow the instructions below:
- Choose the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-down list. Enter the amount you would like to swap.
- Select THETA in the second drop-down list. You will see the estimated amount that you will receive after the exchange.
- Enter the Recipient’s Address. THETA will be sent to this address. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Check all the information you have entered. If everything is correct click the Exchange button.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the exchange.
This is everything you need to know to buy THETA.