What Is Theta?
This blog post will cover:
- About Theta (THETA)
- Where did Theta (THETA) come from?
- What are the advantages of Theta (THETA)?
- What are the disadvantages of Theta (THETA)?
- How to buy Theta (THETA) on SimpleSwap?
About Theta (THETA)
Theta is a decentralized video delivery network with its own blockchain. It was created for video streaming. Theta network consists of 2 parts:
- The first one is a video delivery.
- The second part is a blockchain Theta. It stimulates users for the connection to the delivery network.
Normally, CDN (content delivery network) consists of huge decentralized data centers that are scattered around the world. So geographically they are not close enough to the users. It provokes a poor streaming quality. That is why Theta creates P2P network for users who share their extra bandwidth. As a result, this global network can replace or supplement the infrastructure of CDN. Customers provide their devices as a cache host (video storage) and send video streams to local viewers all around the world. The more cache points Theta has, the higher streaming quality is. That is why cache points are rewarded with Theta coins.
Where did Theta (THETA) come from?
The team of Theta Network includes specialists with great experience of creating services for video content (about 30 years), blockchain developers and specialists in strategic and technological promotion. There are 14 persons at the helm. The general manager is Mitch Liu (he is a creator of Sliver.tv), cofounder is Jieyi Long (he made several patented technologies such as VR videos), Ryan Nichols (Chief Product Officer), Riz Virk (head of Corp Development).
At the beginning of 2019, the total capitalization of the asset was about 35,5 billion U.S. dollars.
Theta team attracts famous partners such as Samsung, Sony, and YouTube to promote a coin.
What are the advantages of Theta (THETA)?
- Free market segmentThere are about ten really popular streaming web-services only and Theta project has a strong opportunity to establish itself on the market.
- Passive earning
- Promising idea
- Ready customer base
What are the disadvantages of Theta (THETA)?
- The idea is not original
- Lack of funding
How to buy Theta (THETA) on SimpleSwap?
Let’s say you want to buy THETA. What should you do? We suggest you go to the SimpleSwap homepage and follow the instructions below:
- For example, you want to swap BTC for THETA. Select the currency you want to exchange (e.g. BTC) in the first drop-downlist. Then enter the amount you want to swap.
- Select THETA in the second drop-down list. You’ll see the estimated amount that you’ll get after the exchange.
- Click the Exchange button.
- Enter the Recipient's Address. THETA will be sent. Be careful and make sure you use the correct address.
- Create the exchange.
- You will see the Bitcoin deposit address. You need to transfer the necessary amount of BTC to this address to start the BTC to THETA exchange.
You are welcome to watch this video tutorial to learn more details about the exchange process:
SimpleSwap reminds you that this article is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide investment advice. All purchases and cryptocurrency investments are your own responsibility.